Saturday, December 02, 2006

The end?

Sorry I haven't updated this week... Its been one of those weeks
Tuesday we were supposed to close on our house in WPB pushed to Wednesday pushed to Thursday... Were supposed to close on our new house in CLermont on Monday pushed to G-d knows when... But all that is trivial
Monday I received an email from the Embassy stating that if Sophie's Birthmother does not show up for her interview (this will be the 3rd scheduled interview) our petition will be denied. I don't get it. We did DNA, the did the social worker interview, why does the Embassy want to interview her again? Our agency has been trying to find her for 4 months, they can't find her. Surprisingly, Tuesday I receive a phone call, they found her birthmother, in jail under a false name! They don't know if they can get her out!
We need prayers and support! We received Sophie's referral September 9, 2005, she will be 2 December 19th, she needs to be home with her Mommy Daddy and brother! With Hague we may not be able to go the abandonment route... please pray...

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Oh, Corey. I'm SO sorry to hear this. Believe me, I know what you're going through. It's the absolute worst thing, having to think about this little girl you believe is meant to be your daughter and there's some government saying she can't be, and there's no real explanation. Of course you're in my prayers. I'm crying for you and Sophie.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I stumbled across your blog and I want you to know I am praying for you!! My heart goes out to you and your family

8:19 AM  
Blogger Krystal said...

Dear, dear, Corey -- I am so sorry to hear that you guys are facing yet another problem!!! I am praying that they can get the bm out of jail and to the Embassy appt. . . I continue to pray that Sophie comes home very soon. She does deserve to be at home with Mom, Dad, and Luke. . . and you guys definitely deserve to get to be with your daughter!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger JuJu - said...

We are going to pray as a family - all 7 of us as soon as I finish this comment! You can count on our family to pray for your daughter's adoption case until she is home safe and sound with you where she belongs!!!
My heart goes out to you tonight and I am sending a big ole southern hug right now!!!

Julia and the Crew:):)

1:12 PM  
Blogger The Frugal Countess said...

Corey, I've been thinking about you guys - definitely praying now for your sweet girl. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home