Saturday, December 09, 2006

A little about me...

Lots of blogs I have been reading lately have been stressing about weight. My favorite blog that read, Holly & Gia, mentioned the HBO special Thin. Thought I'd give some insight into my world.
I am a recovering bulemic. I am not pencil thin. Nor will I ever be. Last year I Spent 4 months in an eating disorder facilty. 8 months after leaving I was back into the habit. I talked to my doctor about it, he said I dont look bulemic. What does a bulemic look like?
I am talking abou this today because I was VERY SICK. My daily ritual included 8 exlax, 4 dieretics, green tea pills and vomiting AT LEAST 7 times a day (even if I only ate grilled chicken)
Did throwing up get me pregnant NOPE... A better job NOPE... Thin DEFINATELY not..
My body was in sucj shock I actually GAINED weight! Which is typical for bulemics, my poor body thought I would never let it digest so it stuck to me like whit on rice.
Why I am writing this? Well for starters I am four days "clean". The obsession with my body is not worth me dying and leaving my family. To quote the AA big book ( overeaters foolow it as well, which my eating disorder center made us go to), this disease is cunning baffiling and power. I havent beaten it yet, and I will battle it my whole life. But to quote Kenny Loggins (footloose) anything worth my love is worth the fight!
Dont obsess over your bodies... We are beautiful the way we are. KUDOS to those of us who recognize this!
AND DOUBLE KUDOS TO HOLLY FOR KEEPING ME ENTERTAINED ON A DAILY BASIS

2 Comments:

Blogger The Frugal Countess said...

Corey, that was really brave of you to be so honest about that. You wrote this a few days ago so I'm praying you've been able to keep beating this. My prayers are with you - you are GOING to beat this. ((((HUGS))))))

1:58 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I am way behind on blog reading, so I'm just seeing this. I agree it was brave of you. I've had various problems myself, so I'm hoping the best for you. Stay strong :)
Suzanne

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home